Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
The Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Section provides:
- Comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment to children and
adolescents in the outpatient setting
- Consultation to pediatric practitioners in inpatient, outpatient and emergency settings
- Consultation to schools, courts and child-serving agencies
We have special expertise in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents
who have problems with:
- Persistently sad or irritable mood
- Many worries and fears
- Adjusting to stressful or traumatic events
- Controlling their attention or behavior
- Understanding their thinking
- Interpersonal relationships
- Learning or development
- Involvement in high-risk behaviors
- Transition to adulthood
The Clinical Studies Unit offers exceptional and confidential treatment for depression, alcohol and substance abuse.
The Consultation-Liaison Section provides psychiatry and substance abuse consultation to inpatients on medical/surgical floors, dialysis patients, transplant patients and outpatient medical/surgical cases. These services are available at both the Newton Pavilion and Menino Pavilion.
Psychiatric Emergency Services
Based in the Emergency Department, the Psychiatric Emergency Services Section provides psychiatric triage, extended evaluations and crisis intervention. Specific services include intervention for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and assistance to friends and family of medical trauma patients.
The Psychology Section provides a full range of psychological testing with sensitivity to each patient’s ethnic and socio-cultural background.