Pharmacy Residency Program Overview
The residency programs at Boston Medical Center help pharmacy residents build the skills required for providing contemporary pharmaceutical care to a diverse patient population. BMC currently offers 13 total positions in 7 different pharmacy residency programs. There will be 7 PGY1 residents, with the remainder of positions dedicated to PGY2 specialty programs in Ambulatory Care, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine and Oncology.
Pharmacy Residency Program Application Information
The BMC residency programs are designed around the ASHP program requirements. We are proud to have been involved in pharmacy residency training for over 30 years. Our graduating residents are well-prepared to pursue specialty residencies, advanced patient care positions, and clinical faculty positions.
For general residency inquiries, please email [email protected]
The BMC residency programs invite you to review our annual report for further insight into our program. Inside we detail the residency programs quality work, strong relationships, and diverse opportunities that present themselves to our residents yearly.
Upcoming BMC Pharmacy Residency Events
- St. John's University Showcase
- BMC is attending the St. John's University showcase. The event will be held virtually on Friday, October 9, 2020 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM (EST).
- The Annual New England Regional Residency/Fellowship Showcase
- BMC is attending the Annual Residency/Fellowship showcase hosted by Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science (MCHPS). The event will be held virtually this year on Thursday, October 15, 2020 from 1:00 - 4:00 PM (EST).
- BMC Pharmacy Residency Open House
- November 4, 2020: 7:30 - 8:00 PM & 8:00 - 8:30 PM (EST)
- November 18, 2020: 7:30 - 8:00 PM & 8:00 - 8:30 PM (EST)
- More information regarding the event to follow. For more immediate questions regarding the event, please email [email protected].
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting (Virtual Residency Showcase)
- BMC is attending the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. The event will be held virtually from December 6th -10th, 2020. Booth Number: TBD
- Note: PGY2 pharmacy residency programs at BMC will NOT be participating in the ASHP Midyear PPS sessions. Instead, PGY2 programs will be hosting virtual PPS sessions in early December. Most up to date information will be posted here as details become available to sign-up for available time slots. Program-specific applications are still to be submitted via PhORCAS (deadline January 2, 2021).
|Program||Number of Positions||Recruitment Status|
|PGY-1 (General Track)||5||Open|
|PGY-1 (International Track)||1||Open|
|PGY-2 Ambulatory Care||1||Open|
|PGY-2 Infectious Diseases||1||Open|
|PGY-2 Internal Medicine||1||Open|
|PGY-2 Critical Care||1||Open|
|PGY-2 Emergency Medicine||1||Open|