Call for assistance with the referral process
For those who do not speak enough English to safely receive their medical information and care in English, or those who have visual, speech, or hearing impairments, Boston Medical Center’s Interpreter Services Department works to ensure effective communication between our staff and patients. One of the oldest and most extensive interpreter services programs in the United States, a team of 60 professional medical interpreters or language facilitators are here to help patients in many languages.
- Professional medical interpretation services 24/7, free of charge so that patients have the opportunity to speak with their providers in their preferred language.
- Services in-house and on-call, as well as telephone and video interpreters.
- Face-to-face interpreting available in the following languages:
- Español (Spanish)
- Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole)
- Français (French)
- Kriolu di Kabu Verdi (Cape Verdean Creole)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- 廣東話 (Cantonese)
- 普通話 (Mandarin)
- Soomaali (Somali)
- Shqip (Albanian)
- አማርኛ (Amharic)
- Tingrinya (Tigrinya)
- русский (Russian)
- عربى (Arabic)
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
We ask that patients do not bring someone to interpret for them, or use family members for the purpose of medical interpretation.