Crispy Baked Chicken
|Author: Juliana Sampaio||Recipe Type: Entrée | Cuisine: American||Serves: 3|
|Total Time: 80 | Prep Time: 60 | Cook Time: 20|
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 12 oz raw boneless, skinless chicken tenders (about 10 pieces)
- 1/3 cup plain bran cereal
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place buttermilk and paprika in a large sealable plastic bag and mix well.
- Add chicken to plastic bag and coat completely. Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind bran cereal into breadcrumb-like texture and pour into a large bowl.
- Add panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- One at a time, remove raw chicken tender from plastic bag, give it a shake to remove excess buttermilk, coat it evenly in the crumb mixture, and lay it flat on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes on each side, or until all sides are crispy and chicken is cooked through.
This recipe can be enjoyed at Stage 4 of the bariatric surgery post-operative diet.
Enjoy these chicken tenders with your favorite side salad or steamed vegetables!
|Serving Size: 3||Calories: 249|