You are here
Grilled Spice-Rubbed Chicken Tacos
| BMC's Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Entrée | Cuisine: Mexican
|| 4 Serves:
|90 | Total Time: Prep Time: 60 | Cook Time: 30
- 1-1 ¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 soft corn tacos (5-inch diameter)
- Rub chicken breast with oil.
- Mix remaining ingredients and rub onto chicken breast.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Heat tortillas briefly on hot grill just to warm. Or wrap in a clean towel and heat in microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- To serve, place chicken in taco and top with favorite toppings.
Assorted toppings may include guacamole, tomato salsa, fresh cilantro sprigs, shredded lettuce, queso fresco, shredded cheese, or sour cream
|Serving Size: 3 tacos