Almond Flour Quiche
|Author: Catherine Barry||Recipe Type: Breakfast | Cuisine: Italian||Serves: 8|
|Total Time: 60 | Prep Time: 15 | Cook Time: 45|
- 120 grams heavy cream
- 35 grams shallots, minced
- 50 grams mushrooms, chopped
- 60 grams spinach, chopped
- 12 grams garlic, minced
- 200 grams egg, whisked
- 96 grams greyere (or cheddar), shredded
- 224 grams almond flour
- 55 grams olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9" pie plate with oil
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond meal, thyme, 8 grams of the garlic, salt and pepper
- Pour 40 grams of the oil into the mixture and stir until combined, adding 1 Tbs of water as necessary
- Press the dough into your prepared skillet/pan until it is evenly dispersed across the bottom and at least 1 ¼ inch up the sides. Bake until the crust is lightly golden and firm to the touch, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Over medium heat, add the remaining 15 grams of oil into a large skillet. Cook the mushrooms, remaining 4 grams garlic, and the spinach until tender
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, salt and pepper before adding the shredded cheese
- Once the crust is done baking, pour in the egg mixture and bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is firm to the touch and cooked through. Let the quiche cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife. Serve immediately.
1.75:1 classic ketogenic diet.
Add a side salad with 2 teaspoons oil to bring the ketogenic ratio up to 2.25:1.
|Serving Size: 8||Calories: 368|