Make an appointment by phone
Make an appointment with
Book with MyChart
Call our department to schedule a referral appointment
The Neuropsychology Program at Boston Medical Center provides in-depth cognitive and psychological evaluations. Patients are often referred for neuropsychological symptoms due to memory difficulties, mood disorders, learning disorders, and neuropsychological symptoms due to medical illness. Our specialists collaborate with referring physicians to help patients capitalize on cognitive strengths and mitigate deficits.
Areas of Expertise
- Brain injury
- Learning disorders
- Memory loss
- Mood disorders (including depression and anxiety)
- Normal brain changes due to aging
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Neuropsychological symptoms due to medical illness
- Comprehensive neuropsychological testing (including tests in writing, drawing, memory, verbal communication, and puzzle solving)
- Assessment of mood and psychological symptoms
- Identification of cognitive strengths and weaknesses
Our Neuropsychology specialists accept referrals both external and internal to Boston Medical Center. For internal referrals, they work closely with other neurology specialists to achieve the patient’s goals, for example assessing patient’s neurocognitive status as part of planning for epilepsy surgery.
Departamento de neurología
Shapiro Center 617.638.8456
Colleen Jackson, Ph.D.
Among other research work, our neuropsychology faculty work closely with our epileptologists to study the effects of epilepsy on cognition.
Residency and Fellowship Information
Education and Training
The Neuropsychology Division faculty participate in the education and training of residents who wish to gain experience in neuropsychological testing. Interested trainees have the opportunity to observe neuropsychologists in performing neurocognitive and psychological testing.