Ambulatory Therapeutics Available at Boston Medical Center
- Oral antivirals
- IV antivirals
Guidance for Prescribers
The BMC prescribing guide to inform decisions around treatment is available here, and is also included in the referral form (see below).
You can find talking points for providers when talking to patients about therapeutics here.
The DPH’s Clinical Guidance on Therapeutics can be found here.
How to Send a Prescription for Oral Antivirals to the BMC Pharmacy
Providers must fax the following information to 617.414.6628:
- Prescriptions (or e-prescribed into the pharmacy)
- BMC referral form for oral and IV antiviral treatment for COVID-19 infection
Please provide a contact number for how to best reach the patient/caregiver/family member in the form as patients will be contacted to verify how they would like to receive the medication.
- Medication list
Boston Medical Center prescribers should visit the BMC Hub COVID Clinical Resources page for information on how to order antivirals via Epic.
Guidance for Prescribers to Give to Patients
Please inform patients that once the prescription has been received by the pharmacy, they will be contacted using the phone number in the referral form to verify how they would like to receive the medication.
- We recommend that the patient arranges for home delivery, given that patients must quarantine (and caregiver/household/family members may also be required to quarantine). Contact with the patient or the patient’s caregiver/household/family member is required before delivery to confirm the delivery address, and delivery can be expected within one business day.
- Inform patients that if they experience a problem with taking their prescription or they do not receive the medication within one business day after arranging with the pharmacy, please call the pharmacy at 617.414.4883.
Pharmacy Contact Information
How to Refer Patients for IV Remdesivir at BMC
- To refer patients for infusion, email firstname.lastname@example.org