How To Poach An Egg In the Microwave
|Author: Molly Pelletier||Recipe Type: Breakfast | Cuisine: N/A||Serves: 1|
|Total Time: 2 minutes | Prep Time: 1 minute | Cook Time: 1 minute|
- 1-2 eggs, however many you would like to cook!
- Wash hands thoroughly.
- Fill a microwave-safe coffee cup, glass, or microwave-safe liquid measuring cup with 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Crack 1 egg into the cup.
- Place a small microwave-safe saucer on top of the cup so that it covers the opening completely.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then see if the egg white is cooked through.*Be Careful: Wait several seconds before removing the lid as steam can escape quickly and powerfully, even after a very short amount of cooking time. Remove the lid slowly an
- Once your egg is cooked, strain with a slotted spoon or colander.
- Top egg over toast, rice, salad, or any dish that could use a serving of protein!
As the recipe details, start by cooking the egg for 30 seconds in the microwave. If the egg is not cooked, continue to cook for about 10-second increments until the white is fully opaque and the yolk is cooked to your liking. An over-hard egg generally takes 60 seconds.
|Serving Size: 1||Calories: 68 calories|
This technique is perfect for busy mornings or quick lunch breaks. Instead of using a stovetop, you can cook a perfect poached egg right in your microwave! Be sure to cook one egg at a time. However, you can cook multiple poached eggs for topping over salad or rice. Sprinkle on your favorite seasonings such as garlic powder or cayenne pepper for added flavor.