Flaxseed Herb Dressing
|Author: BMC's Teaching Kitchen||Recipe Type: Sauces and Dressings | Cuisine: American||Serves: 8 tbsp|
|Total Time: 10 | Prep Time: 5 | Cook Time: 5|
- 1/2 cup flaxseed oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp flax seeds*
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (such as basil, oregano, parsley, chives)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 tsp ground pepper
- Put all ingredients in blender and mix until thick and smooth. Refrigerate.
* Flaxseeds must be blended or crushed to reap the benefits.
Flaxseeds are loaded with heart-healthy Omega-III fats. Try this dressing on a crispy green salad or in a whole grain pasta salad.
|Serving Size: 8||Calories: 130|