The Tobacco Treatment Center is a multidisciplinary team of health professionals who specialize in helping smokers quit. The Center offers evidence-based treatment including group, individual, and behavioral counseling sessions.
"The program has been very successful for me. It has been two years since I smoked my last cigarette." - Lenora M.
BMC’s tobacco-trained specialists, pulmonologists, nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, and behavioral health specialists help smokers understand the physical and psychological aspects of quitting tobacco and help develop personalized quit plans that include a variety of treatments.
Make an appointment
- Call 617-638-7665 (617-638-SMOK)
- Providers can also enter a referral in EPIC to the Pulmonary Smoking Cessation Program. Type ‘Pulmonary Smoking’ in the Meds and Orders dialogue box, which will take you directly to the correct referral.
- Group sessions are held in the Pulmonary Clinic, located at
725 Albany Street, 9th Floor 9B
Boston, MA 02118
Individuals need only attend one initial 90-minute group session, follow up sessions are made per patient preferences. Meetings take place in the Shapiro Building on the 9th floor (Suite 9B) and include the following services:
"This program changed my life. Chantix really works! Shout out to BMC Tobacco Treatment Team." – Sandra D.
- Individual and group counseling
- Smoking/Vaping Cessation Programs for Employees and Family Members
- Telemedicine visits
- Prescribing FDA-approved medications such as nicotine-replacement therapy, varenicline (Chantix) and bupropion (Zyban or Wellbutrin), or combinations of medications
- Telephone counseling, and/or Quit Lines is recommended for those requiring more intensive, ongoing support