The Tobacco Treatment Center is a multidisciplinary team of health professionals who specialize in helping smokers quit. The Center offers evidence-based treatment including group, individual, and behavioral counseling sessions. BMC’s tobacco-trained specialists, pulmonologists, nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, and behavioral health specialists help smokers understand the physical and psychological aspects of quitting tobacco and help develop personalized quit plans that include a variety of treatments.
Individuals need only attend one initial 90 minute group session, follow up sessions are made per patient preferences. Meetings take place in the Shapiro Building on the 9th floor (Suite 9B) and include the following services:
- Individual and group counseling
- Telemedicine visits (Web team to add content)
- Prescribing FDA-approved medications such as nicotine-replacement therapy, varenicline (Chantix) and bupropion (Zyban or Wellbutrin), or combinations of medications
- Telephone counseling, and/or Quit Lines is recommended for those requiring more intensive, ongoing support
To make an appointment to the Tobacco Treatment Center
- Call 617-638-7665 (617-638-SMOK)
- Providers can also enter a referral in EPIC to the Pulmonary Smoking Cessation Program. Type ‘Pulmonary Smoking’ in the Meds and Orders dialogue box, which will take you directly to the correct referral.
- Group sessions are held in the Pulmonary Clinic, located at
725 Albany Street, 9th Floor 9B
Boston, MA 02118