Wellbeing Resources and Family Support
We recognize that it is normal to experience stress or anxiety as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing - in addition to your physical health - is very important. Please take a moment to check-in with yourself. Here are a few tips for identifying and processing your emotions.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Resources and Support
Talking to someone may help to reduce stress and anxiety. Here are resources where you can get direct support for your mental health and wellbeing:
- BMC Adult or Child/Adolescent Behavioral Health Clinic: Call 617-414-4238 to schedule an appointment with a mental health professional.
- Ask your BMC primary care provider for a referral to the behavioral health team based in Primary Care.
- Boston Emergency Services Team (BEST): Call (800) 981-4357 if you’re experiencing a mental health emergency and need help.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress 24/7 Hotline: Call 800-985-5990.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Help Line: Call 800-950-NAMI (6264).
COVID-19 Virtual Family Support Center
The COVID-19 Virtual Family Support Center is dedicated to providing psychological first aid support to families of BMC COVID-19 patients. Families can call the center to speak with a clinician for on-demand support seven days a week. Support groups, bereavement groups, and support for families and children can also be scheduled. For more information, contact the center via email at [email protected].
Telephonic support is available for families 24/7 at 617-414-7510.
Information and Advice for Parents
This is a challenging time to be a parent. There are many questions with no answers. You are being faced with a number of demands while managing both you and your child's stress and anxiety. Here are some tips for how to talk to your child about COVID-19 and better understand their feelings, as well as how to keep them busy and learning.
- Talking with Children During COVID
- Tips for Parents of 0-2 Year Olds
- Tips for Parents of 3-5 Year Olds
- Tips for Parents of Preteens
- Tips for Parents of Teenagers
- Tips for Parents During COVID-19
- Activity Ideas for Children During Social Distancing
- Grieving During a Global Pandemic
- Supporting Grieving Children During a Global Pandemic