To schedule an appointment with an addiction specialist, please call 617.414.6926
COVID-19 Recovery Resources
The COVID-19 situation can be extremely anxiety provoking for all of us but especially for those in early recovery. This might be exacerbated by people unable to attend their normal support group meetings or other recovery supports. We are sharing a short list of resources that may be helpful for you patients or other people in recovery. For BMC-specific information operations, please see the BMC website.
We will continue to add to this list. If you come across helpful information specific to populations with substance use and/or homelessness, please email [email protected], and we will be happy to update the website.
General Substance Use Disorder Resources:
Note: SAMHSA has expanded take-home capacity for OTPs in light of COVID-19. They have also issued guidance on the exemptions to 42 CFR Part 2 in light of public health emergency, as determined by the provider.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Opioid Treatment Programs.
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, And Isolation
- Training and Technical Assistance Related to COVID-19 with webinars and resources from MHTTC, PCSS, ATTC and ORN
ASAM has developed a database of COVID-19 Resources including information on support groups, telehealth access, and infection mitigation.
The Washington State Health Care Authority released a helpful FAQ on COVID-19 and opioid treatment programs
Hilary Connery from McLean developed information on Recovery of substance users during Coronavirus outbreak
Yale has released Guidance for People Who Use Substances on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Hazelden Betty Ford has tips for staying connected and safeguarding your recovery individuals going to meetings or considering skipping.
Free sober active community The Phoenix is offering free live workout classes.
The Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
- Website specifically for COVID-19
- Infectious Disease Toolkit for Homeless Shelters and Continuum of Care Sites
- Recorded March 10 Webinar on Infectious Disease Preparedness for Homeless Assistance Providers and Partners
- Office Hours: COVID-19 Planning & Response for Homeless Assistance Providers – Fridays at 2:30 PM EDT
Virtual Support Meetings:
Find a list of virtual recovery meetings for every time at every day of the week.
- Chat Rooms
- Message Boards
- Online Meetings
- Online Library
- Online meetings and resources
- Updates on COVID-19
A Virtual Awakening
- Closed online AA meeting for women, trans, and non-binary people
- Recovery literature, speakers, open discussion
- Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri at 8:30pm EST, Thurs 1:00pm EST
- CHESS Health Has New Free Recovery App, Connections App
- Sober Grid - App Store
- Celebrate Recovery - App Store
- Smart Recovery
- Meeting Guide
- NA Meeting Search
- Recovery Path
Narcotics Anonymous Online Meetings:
- Narcotics Anonymous Online Meetings
- Never Alone Club
- NA By Phone Meeting Schedule
- Worldwide NA
MARA (Medication-Assisted Recovery Anonymous) Meetings
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11am EST
- Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/602750376
- Dial-in: 1-646-876-9923, CODE: 602750376#
Boston Emergency Services Team - 1-800-981-4375
- 24/7 AT HOME support for mental health crises
Western Mass Recovery Learning Community Peer-Support Warm Lines - Supportive phone lines for talking
Family Support Meetings
SAMHSA National Helpline 1-800-662-4357
- Information and resources for recovery
- Treatment referrals
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990