You are here
Watermelon, Blueberry and Walnut Salad
| BMC's Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Appetizer | Cuisine: American
|| 6 Serves:
|30 | Total Time: Prep Time: 20 | Cook Time: 10
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spread walnuts in one layer on baking sheet. Bake until just toasted and aromatic, about 8 minutes; remove and let cool.
- To prepare vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey
- For the salad, in a medium bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, and walnuts. Toss with dressing. Chill 2 hours.
- Garnish with mint. Serve.
This light, refreshing summer salad goes great with any barbeque!
|Serving Size: 1 cup