You are here
Lemony Kale Salad
| BMCs Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Salads | Cuisine: American
|| 4 Serves:
|10 | Total Time: Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: o
- 1 lemon-zest* plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 6 oz kale, stems removed and chopped about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted sunflower OR pumpkin seed kernels
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions about 1 or 2)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients for the dressing.
- Add kale, sunflower seeds, scallions, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix salad with clean hands to complete coat leaves. Serve.
Two ways to zest a lemon: 1. Use a citrus zestor or Microplane zester to grate the zest (the yellow, flavor-filled part of the peel). 2. Use a vegetabble peeler or a paring knife and carefully cut the zest off in strips; mince into fine pieces.
|Serving Size: 1/4