You are here
Chocolate Truffles with Almonds and Dates
| BMC's Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Dessert | Cuisine: American
|| 20 Serves:
|10 | Total Time: Prep Time: 0 | Cook Time: 0
- 1 ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted, chopped
- ¼ cup cocoa powder - Plus 2 tablespoons for coating
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (or ground cardamom)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Pinch salt
- Using a food processor or blender, grind the almonds into a fine meal. Add the date, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Blend together and add water, one tablespoon at a time until it forms a dough.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of the mixture into balls and roll in the extra cocoa powder.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months.
Substitute toppings with alternative nuts (walnuts, cashew, pecans) or dried coconut.
|Serving Size: 1