You are here
Asparagus Ribbons with Lemon Dressing
| BMC's Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Appetizer | Cuisine: American
|| 4 Serves:
|10 | Total Time: Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 0
- 1 pound large asparagus spears
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon-zest and 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cut tips of asparagus off and place in serving bowl.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the bottom 2 inches of the asparagus and discard (this part is usually tough and fibrous). Continue peeling each spear into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Place in serving bowl. Add sliced onion.
- Combine olive oil, lemon zest and juice, dill, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour dressing over asparagus. Toss to coat.