|Author: BMC Teaching Kitchen||Recipe Type: Dessert | Cuisine: American||Serves: 30 cookies|
|Total Time: 65-75 minutes | Prep Time: 15-20 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted, cooled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. using an electric mixer or spoon, beat in eggs, water, vanilla, and lemon rind until combined. Add almonds and beat until combined
- Divide dough in half and transfer to a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Form each half into a 4-inch wide, 3/4 inch tall, 10 inch long log. The dough will be sticky so wet your hands with water prior to shaping it on the baking sheet
- Bake until dough is firm but gives slightly when pressed, 20-25 minutes. let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes
- With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal and arrange, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake for 10 more minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
-To toast almonds, place in a dry saute pan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Place onto a plate to cool.
-Chocolate lovers can melt 1/2 cup chocolate chip and drizzle over cooked cookies. Place chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl, heat on high 1 minute, stir, heat 1 more minute, stir. Drizzle over cookies.
|Serving Size:||Calories: 94|