About The Program
MassHealth pays for healthcare for certain low- and medium-income people living in Massachusetts. MassHealth offers healthcare benefits directly or by paying part or all of your health insurance premiums.
MassHealth offers the following coverage types:
- MassHealth Standard
- MassHealth CommonHealth
- MassHealth Family Assistance
- MassHealth Basic
- MassHealth Essential
- MassHealth Prenatal
- MassHealth Limited
- MassHealth Senior Buy-In
- MassHealth Buy-In
MassHealth serves the following groups of people:
- Families with children under age 19
- Children under age 19
- Pregnant women
- People out of work for a long time
- Disabled people
- Adults who work for a qualified employer
- People who are HIV positive
- Certain people aged 65 or older who are caretaker relatives of children under 19 or who are disabled and are working 40 or more hours a month
- People aged 65 and older who are living at home
- People of any age who need long-term-care services
Eligibility criteria vary by coverage type. If you are eligible, you will receive the most complete coverage you qualify for.
For families, pregnant women, and people under age 65:
Call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 800-841-2900 or 800-497-4648 (TTY) to request a Medical Benefit Request (MBR).
Submit the completed application to:
MassHealth Enrollment Center
Central Processing Unit
P.O. Box 290794
Charlestown, MA 02129-0214
For people aged 65 and older and people of any age who need long-term-care services:
Call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 800-841-2900 or 800-497-4648 (TTY) to request a MassHealth Application (MHA) for Seniors and People Needing Long-Term-Care Services.
Individuals of any age who reside or wish to reside in a long-term-care facility must complete the Long-Term-Care Supplement of the MassHealth Application.
For help completing the application forms, call the MassHealth Enrollment Center at 888-665-9993 or 888-665-9997 (TTY).
MassHealth Customer Service Center: 800-841-2900 or 800-497-4648 (TTY)
Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM