The Comprehensive Care Program (CCP) at Boston Medical Center is a primary care pediatric program supporting families of children with chronic medical conditions or developmental disabilities, including “NICU graduates” – babies born prematurely (preemies) or with complex issues. We are a team of clinicians working to enhance the quality of health services and social support for these children and their families. CCP is an integral part of The Department of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at BMC where exceptional care is provided, without exception.
The Comprehensive Care Program is guided by the following principles:
- All parents (advantaged or disadvantaged) need a “medical home” to bring their child for health care.
- The family is recognized as the principal caregiver who provides strength and support for their child.
- CCP as the medical home for children supports and encourages the family.
- The medical home must serve to coordinate all of the input and opinions from the many nursing and medical providers, specialists and school personnel into a coherent story.
- This medical home should meet all the child’s health care and developmental needs.
- Families deserve ready access to their medical providers, not to a stranger, especially when their child is ill.
The Comprehensive Care Program provides “one-stop shopping” for health care for families who need it the most. We make every effort to schedule visits with all of the specialists you may need to see at the time of your visit. We know the families of children with complex medical needs are juggling many demands and that your time is valuable.
Accordingly, we try to minimize the need for multiple visits to the hospital. This may be especially helpful for families who have difficulty arranging transportation to the hospital, who have other children to care for or whose work or family schedule make it hard for them to make repeated visits.
A pediatric program for families of children with chronic medical conditions or developmental disabilities.
850 Harrison Ave
Boston, MA 02118
Yawkey Ambulatory Care Center
Monday, Wednesday Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:30PM
Tuesday, Thursday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM