Facial Plastic Surgery - What to Expect
On your initial visit, you and Dr. Ezzat will discuss your concerns and preferences. After examining you, he will give you options on how to achieve the look that you want. Photographs will be taken for recording the changes made to your face before surgery and during your visits after surgery.
Things you should keep in mind prior to scheduling surgery:
- Make sure you inform Dr. Ezzat of all medication you are taking – even those that you do not take on a regular basis. He may ask you to stop some of these medications one week prior and one week after the procedure.
- Plan on taking some time for yourself to recover. Most people need only about one week after surgery, but this can be up to 2-3 weeks off depending on the type of surgery you have and your daily routine.
- You will be asked to refrain from rigorous activity for up to one month from surgery. This typically means not lifting anything greater than five pounds (about one gallon of milk) or working out/running.
- The body takes one year to form a mature scar. This means that you cannot consider yourself completely healed until one year out from surgery. While most people will start to see their results about 2-3 months from surgery, your nose will continue to heal for up to one year from surgery.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions! Communication is key to establishing teamwork, and good teamwork is key to getting the results you want.