Boston Medical Center’s Stroke and Cerebrovascular Center offers a full spectrum of clinical and academic services to provide contemporary treatment for patients with brain, carotid and spinal vascular diseases. We are a multidisciplinary group comprised of stroke neurologists, interventional neuroradiologists and cerebrovascular neurosurgeons with 24/7 coverage, committed to excellence in patient care, research and education. We are located in Boston Medical Center’s beautiful Shapiro Center in Boston’s historic South End.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Arteriovenous Malformations (AVMs)
- Brain Aneurysm Care
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Dural Arteriovenous Fistula (DAVF)
- Spine Care
- Stroke Prevention & Treatment
- MR CLEAN, ESCAPE, EXTEND IA, SWIFT PRIME, REVASCAT studies demonstrates clinical benefit for intra-arterial treatment in stroke patients with large vessel blockage.
- ISAT and BRAT studies demonstrate clinical benefit to endovascular coiling compared to clipping in patients with ruptured brain aneurysms.
- BMC House Staff Team awarded 2015 BMC QI award for "Improving Care Among Stroke Patients through a Resident-Based Neurology Handbook"
- BMC House Staff Team awarded 2014 BMC QI award for Acute Stroke Management through Simulation Training.
- Dr. Kase named as Boston's Top Doctors for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010 by Boston magazine.
- Judith Clark, BMC Stroke Coordinator, awarded 2014 AHA SCORE Star Award
- BMC receives 2013 SCORE (Stroke Collaborative Research for Excellence) Defect-Free Care Award and Highest Performer on NIH Stroke Scale (large volume) award.
- BMC receives 2012 Get With The Guidelines Gold plus and Target Stroke for tPA administered within 60 minutes Awards from the American Heart Association.
- Dr. Philip Wolf awarded the Prestigious Robert Wartenberg Lecture for Excellence in Clinical Research at the 2010 American Academy of Neurology annual meeting
- A patient's story: After a stroke, a family matriarch looks to the future.
- BMC received the Gold Performance Achievement Award for Stroke
- BMC offering cyberknife radiosurgery to treat brain AVM and tumors
These achievements, plus countless others demonstrate we are committed to exceptional care, without exception.