You are here
Black Bean & Turkey Chili
| BMC's Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Entrée | Cuisine: American
|| 9 Serves:
|70 | Total Time: Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 60
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- (15 oz) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomato
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp basil, dried
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Place olive oil in heavy pot over medium heat, cook onions & garlic until onions are translucent. Add dried basil, oregano and cumin.
- Add turkey and cook until meat is browned.
- Stir in beans, tomato, chili powder, cayenne pepper and vinegar.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 60 minutes.
|Serving Size: 1 cup