Artichoke Spinach Dip
|Author: BMC's Teaching Kitchen||Recipe Type: Appetizer | Cuisine: American||Serves: 12|
|Total Time: 30 | Prep Time: 5 | Cook Time: 25|
- 3 table spoons oil or butter
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 (15-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove liquid
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning®
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes, do not brown.Add flour and cook for 3 minutes over low heat, stirring. Slowly mix in milk with a whisk. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer another 15 minutes. Serve warm with vegetables or whole grain crackers.
1. If using fresh spinach, chop spinach fine and add to hot dip, cook until wilted.
2.Try using different greens in place of spinach, such as kale or Swiss chard.
|Serving Size:||Calories: 84|