Make an appointment by phone
Make an appointment with MyChart
Book with MyChart
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
If you are a new patient and need an appointment, please contact us at the phone number below.Learn more about coming to BMC. 617.638.8456
Refer a Patient
Refer a patient
Call for assistance with the referral process
Neurosarcoidosis is a complex, chronic inflammatory disorder that may affect any single part of the central and peripheral nervous systems. Through comprehensive neurological exams, modern complementary testing and periodic multi-disciplinary case conferences with other specialists from the Sarcoidosis Center (pulmonologists, cardiologists, neuroradiologists), the neurologists from the Neurosarcoidosis Clinic at Boston Medical Center aim to provide excellent care for all possible forms of neurosarcoidosis.
Areas of Expertise
- Sarcoid-related brain and spinal cord inflammation
- Sarcoid-related meningitis and cranial nerve palsies
- Sarcoid vasculitis of the brain/ sarcoid-related strokes
- Sarcoid radiculitis
- Sarcoid neuropathies, including small fiber neuropathy
- Differential diagnosis of neurosarcoidosis, including other neuro-immunological conditions and neuro-infectious complications of immunosuppressive treatment for sarcoidosis
- MRI of the brain, orbits, pituitary gland and spine
- Comprehensive immunologic and infectious blood work up
- Lumbar puncture for spinal fluid analysis
- Nerve conduction studies/electromyography
- Skin biopsy for detection of small-fiber neuropathy
- Body PET-CT for evaluation of systemic sarcoid involvement
- Non-neurology evaluations: pulmonary, cardiac, dermatologic
Shapiro Center 617.638.8456
The BMC Neurosarcoidosis group is part of the nationwide Neurosarcoidosis Consortiumand actively participates in multi-centerobservational research projects with top academic institutions.
Residency and Fellowship Information
The Neurosarcoidosis faculty participate in the education and training of residents and medical students who wish to gain experience in diagnosis and management of neurosarcoidosis. Interested trainees have the opportunity to observe neurologists in performing clinical assessmentsat the Neurosarcoidosis clinic, join multi-disciplinary meetings with other sarcoid specialists on a biweekly basis, and take part on clinical research.