Immediate access to new patient appointments
If you would like to have your patient’s symptoms evaluated at the MS Center, call the neurology department at (617) 638-8456, and have a copy of your patient’s medical records sent to the clinic. Once received, they can call the same number to schedule an appointment with one of our expert neurologists. We schedule all new patients within a week after they call.
Timely diagnosis and answers
We understand the urgency and importance of getting answers to your patient about their health, so our goal is to move quickly. During the first visit, we perform a comprehensive neurological exam. Once the results and information are analyzed, the neurologist will give your patient a diagnosis, usually at that first visit.
Highly skilled multidisciplinary team
If your patient is diagnosed with MS, we’ll immediately involve highly skilled specialists across the hospital to make sure that all of their needs are addressed. This includes working closely with neurologists, physical therapists, neuropsychologists, ophthalmologists, pain management professions, and other specialists as needed.
Each patient will also have access to a nurse navigator, who will help to guide them through treatment by providing with support and answering any questions they have. The nurse navigator’s primary role and focus is on the patient, as well as family and support members.
Onsite specialty pharmacy offering personalized treatment options
As part of the BMC Multiple Sclerosis Center’s highly personalized treatment options, our specialty pharmacy is available to support all patients’ needs when it comes to specialty medication that can’t be filled through a traditional pharmacy. This benefits patients because
- Medication can be picked up on campus (or delivered to the doctor's office or mailed directly
- BMC can manage all prescriptions, not just specialty ones, so we can ensure a patient is taking everything correctly and getting the refills they need when they need them
- Patients can connect with a specialty pharmacist to ask questions and receive advice about medication
- Depending on a patient’s diagnosis, they may be assigned a specialty pharmacy liaison who will be their 1:1 support as they manage these medications
For patients diagnosed with MS, our team of experts will collaborate to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses your patient’s unique symptoms and needs. As part of the MS Center, your patients will have timely access to state-of-the-art therapies, including:
- Injectable disease modifying therapies
- Infusion disease modifying therapies at our on-site infusion center
- Oral disease modifying therapies
- Injectable therapies for acute relapses
- Therapies to treat symptoms, including pain, stiffness, and muscle spasms caused by MS