This course focuses on four common obstetric emergencies and includes evidence-based didactics and hands-on simulation stations that emphasize technical, teamwork, and communication skills for the following topics:
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Umbilical Cord Prolapse
- Breech Vaginal Delivery
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe evidence-based protocols for common obstetric emergencies
- Demonstrate correct technique and performance of key responsibilities during simulated obstetric emergencies
- Practice teamwork and communication for simulated cases complicated by shoulder dystocia, postpartum hemorrhage, umbilical cord prolapse and vaginal breech delivery
Emergencies in Clinical Obstetrics (ECO) CourseTarget Audience: MDs, PAs, RNs, NPs, CNMs
Schedule and Registration
The Solomont Center will offer the ECO Program on June 16 2018, 7:30 AM until approximately 2 PM. Please follow the link below to register for the program. Please note that breakfast and lunch will be provided as part of your $500 registration fee.
The program provides 5 CME credits for DO and MDs. Participants are eligible for MOC Part IV credit from ABOG.
In order to receive continuing medical education (CME) and maintenance of certification (MOC) credit for the course:
- Participants must
- Attend all didactic sessions
- Successfully complete the simulation exercises demonstrating correct performance for each emergency
- Successfully complete the ECO Posttest
- CME Credit: The course is approved for CME credit through ACOG.
- MOC Credit: Participants are also eligible for MOC Part IV credit from ABOG.
- Any non-physician clinicians (RNs, PAs, etc.) who elect this course may take the certificate of completion with the statement from the first page of the ECO Participant Manual (with ACCME Accreditation guidelines) to their accrediting institutions for reciprocity cognate credit.
Text Books for this program will be provided as part of the course registration. Participants will receive their textbooks via mail so please make sure that your mailing address is accurate in your registration form.