What is PrEP?
Pre-exposure prophylaxis or “PrEP”, is a daily pill that helps prevent at-risk individuals from getting HIV.
Is PrEP right for me?
You should consider PrEP if you:
- Are a gay or bisexual man
- Are in a relationship with an HIV-positive partner
- Have recently been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection
- Are someone who has condomless sex and do not know the HIV status of your partners
- Are a transgender woman who has sex with men
- Are a person who uses injection drugs
- Engage in sexual activity in a high-prevalence area or network
- Don’t know the HIV status of your partners
How effective is PrEP?
PrEP is over 92% effective.
Do I need a prescription for PrEP?
PrEP involves seeing your provider once every three months to get a new prescription and complete blood work.
How much will PrEp cost?
PrEP is covered by all insurance companies, and for those without insurance we offer free testing, STI treatment, and help with medication coverage.
Steps to PrEP