The Immigrant & Refugee Health Program (IRHP) in the department of General Internal Medicine provides comprehensive primary care services to immigrant and refugee health patients through the practice at the Shapiro Center at Boston Medical Center.
Our mission is to provide comprehensive and culturally appropriate, integrated Primary Care services to immigrant and refugee populations, including those seeking asylum, and to promote dignity, social justice, and human rights.
Our team of clinicians provide primary care-based medical services through our practice at the Shapiro Center at BMC. We offer:
- Regular check-ups
- Immunizations and Screenings
- Treating illnesses and injuries
- Coordinating specialized patient care
- Psychiatric and case management support
- Forensic Medical Evaluations
- Treating complex refugee or war trauma
- Medical or cognitive waiver evaluations for the US citizenship exam
The practice also provides on-site interpreters and over the phone interpreters for more than 250 languages.