Mission Statement: To help youth and young adults who use substances lead healthy lives through holistic, team-based care.
At Boston Medical Center, the Center for Addiction Treatment for AdoLescent/Young adults who use SubsTances (CATALYST) program helps teens and young adults who use alcohol or drugs. Our team provides access to a wide range of services including primary care, harm reduction, assessment and treatment of substance use disorders, psychiatry, psychotherapy, and recovery support for patients through age 25 and their families.
We are a multidisciplinary team consisting of physicians board certified addiction medicine and psychiatry, licensed clinical social workers, a nurse care manager with addiction certification, a patient navigator, recovery coaches, and a program manager. We offer evidence-based treatment and are adept at working with young patients who use substances. Our team based-care allows us to provide the best care for patients and their families creating a clear path to healthy lives.
Clinical and Support Services
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of substance use disorders (SUDs)
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Primary care including HIV screening, Pre-exposure Prophylaxis, Hepatitis C screening and treatment, screening for other sexually transmitted infections, and family planning
- Overdose education and naloxone kits
- Parent guidance for families
- Additional support with navigation and recovery coaching
Patients can either receive primary care Boston Medical Center OR get a referral from their existing primary care provider. The CATALYST Clinic team can help patients schedule and establish primary care at BMC in addition to their substance use care/services if desired.