It is important to have nothing to eat or drink after midnight on the day before surgery. You may take your medications as instructed with a sip of water the morning of surgery.
- Shower with antibacterial soap for the two days prior to surgery and morning of surgery. You’ll get soap at your preadmission appointment.
- Remove nail polish, makeup, and hairclips prior to coming to the hospital.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight.
- Leave your valuables at home, including your wedding band.
- Give dentures and eyeglasses to a family member to hold for you during your surgery.