It is important to have nothing to eat or drink after midnight on the day before surgery. You may take your medications as instructed with a sip of water the morning of surgery.
- Shower with anti-bacterial soap for the 2 days prior to surgery and morning of surgery. Soap will be given to you at your preadmission appointment.
- You should remove nail polish, makeup and hairclips prior to coming to the hospital.
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight
- Leave your valuables at home including your wedding band so that it is not lost
- Give dentures and eyeglasses to a family member to hold for you during your surgery