As part of the Department of Pediatrics at Boston Medical Center, CATCH provides support and care to children, adolescents, and young adults who identify as transgender, gender non-conforming, or are gender exploring and looking for additional support. However you choose to identify, our dedicated clinical team is here to support you every step of the way.
Offered services include:
- Education around gender identity and development
- Individual and family therapeutic support
- Access to hormone blockers, including injection and implant available onsite
- Gender-affirming medication therapy, including hormones (estrogen and testosterone)
- Transition to adult care and other services through the Center for Transgender Medication and Surgery
*factoring in where the patient is in terms of medication and process, pubertal status, and age.
First time patients can expect their initial visit to last between 60-90 minutes. During this visit, medical history, gender history, and patient and family goals will be reviewed, followed by a discussion around gender affirming care options offered at the clinic. Individual treatment plans are created based on individual patient and family goals. Additionally, all first time patients will undergo a complete psychological assessment.
CATCH aims to see new patients within 4-6 weeks. To schedule an appointment, please call 617.414.4841.