Pediatrics - Primary Care
Concierte una cita por teléfono
Concierte una cita con
Reserva con MyChart
Llame a nuestro departamento para programar una cita de referencia
We are delighted that you have chosen to allow us to help you keep your children healthy. Our team will work with you to provide the best possible care for your child. We provide comprehensive medical care for children. This includes routine check-ups and childhood immunizations, as well as care when your child is sick or has a chronic medical problem.
BMC pediatric primary care goes the extra mile to help families raising children in Boston. Here are a few of our programs and features of our practice which we are extremely proud of:
- Thanks to the Reach Out and Read Program, every child gets a book at every check-up from ages 6 months to 6 years old. We often have volunteers in our waiting room to read to your children.
- Our Health Leads Family Help Desk volunteers help families find out what’s available in their neighborhoods, including after school programs, child care and youth recreation.
- Through Medical-Legal Partnership | Boston, lawyers are available for families with more complicated problems (including problems with school or housing).
- Staff and interpreters are available who speak your language – no matter what it is.
- Pain-free pediatrics and child life specialists help take the sting and the fear out of visiting the doctor’s office.
- We have expanded hours, including evenings and Saturdays to meet our patients’ needs.
- Pediatric Healthy Cooking Classes at BMC
- The Boston Baby Cafés are FREE drop-in sessions offering breastfeeding support from trained lactation professionals and information for new and soon-to-be mothers in the community. Join us in a relaxed, informal, and safe group environment. Boston Baby Cafés are presented in partnership with the Vital Village Breastfeeding Coalition.
Finally, in conjunction with primary care services, The Department of Pediatrics offers a full range of pediatric specialty care clinics and timely referrals to keep children healthy.
We intend to provide your family with the best, most innovative primary care anywhere. Raising children is both a lot of work and a joy; all of us here at BMC primary care pediatrics love helping children and families through the hard work – and sharing the joy!
Eileen Costello, MD
Chief, Ambulatory Pediatrics
Key Principles and Values
- Family-Centered Care: We are partners with children’s families to raise healthy, well-adjusted children with good habits for lifelong health.
- Quality medical services emphasizing prevention: we are committed to bringing our patients and families the very best medical care available anywhere.
- We celebrate cultural diversity: We have a multi-lingual and multi-cultural staff, and easy access to BMC Interpreter Services to enable families to participate in the care of their children delivered within the program.
Choosing a PCP for your Child
Listen as Eileen Costello, MD, discusses how at Boston Medical Center we provide a variety of clinicians to help deliver the best possible care. Our team of physicians and nurses has been recognized by a number of independent organizations for overall excellence.
Yawkey Center 617.414.5946
The goal of SOFAR (Supporting Our Families through Addiction and Recovery) is to create a medical home in the pediatric primary care clinic for parents in recovery and their children. SOFAR provides ongoing support for families to enhance child development as well as ongoing support for recovery, with access to specialty care and social services.
Programas y Servicios
Asthma is a leading cause of childhood hospitalization and missed school, but with the right treatment and support, every child’s asthma is manageable. The Pediatric Asthma Program at Boston Medical Center works to improve and streamline care for all of our patients with asthma. Through regular screenings, care management, education, cross-department coordination, and ongoing quality improvement and evaluation, we aim to reduce day-to-day symptoms, Emergency Department visits, and hospitalizations for children with asthma.
The SPARK Center has a long history of providing innovative, comprehensive care to children. The SPARK Center is carrying on this legacy by embedding several of Boston Medical Center's specialty pediatric services within the enterprising neighborhood of Mattapan. The SPARK Center's serene, private, welcoming location is ideal for those whom traveling to the main hospital campus may be difficult or challenging. If you are interested in learning more about the SPARK Center, please consult with your child's clinician.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine
Environmental Health, Lead Poisoning, Environmental Justice
Infants of Diabetic Mothers, Small for Gestational Age Newborns, Late Preterm and Term Newborns, Newborns Affected by Substance Abuse, Newborns with Hyperibilirubinemia
Director of Movement Disorders Program
Recursos del Paciente
Primary Care Services for children ages newborn to 13 years are offered in the Pediatric Primary Care Clinic located in the Ambulatory Care Center (Yawkey building) at 850 Harrison Avenue. The practice is located on the 6th floor.
BMC Pediatrics is here to help you during the COVID-19 pandemic. We know what your family needs today might be different than tomorrow. We want it to be easy for you to find the information and support you need, no matter what kind.
No parent wants to learn that their child is being bullied, or find out that their child may be taking part in bullying behavior. Regardless, bullying is a form of violence that should be taken seriously.
The Kids Fund works in collaboration with the Pediatric faculty and staff in supporting and initiating programs and in making little miracles happen every day. Our support is simple and direct. We want to do everything possible to give children a chance for growth, for a healthy and bright future.
The Joel and Barbara Alpert Endowment and the Center for the Urban Child and Healthy Family will support Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center Department fellows, pediatric faculty or pediatric residents to implement and
The WE CARE model is an innovative primary care model aimed at addressing the social determinants of health at pediatric visits, with the goal of closing health gaps between low-income and high-income populations.
Resumen de la Investigación
The Pediatric Fellowship Program is based in the Department of General Pediatrics at Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center. As you may know, BMC has over a 100-year history of caring for poor, urban and immigrant children. Much of our research and many of our programs focus on improving the lives of these children. The clinical service has approximately 2,000 admissions and 75,000 ambulatory visits each year. The residency is combined with Boston Children's Hospital.