The Following Materials are Required in Order to Complete Your Application:
- ERAS application
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter
- Three letters of recommendation from medical school faculty (one must be from a primary care physician).
- Personal statement - addressing why you have chosen Family Medicine and why BMC is a good fit for you. For 2020-21 we will consider an alternative statement about an experience or reflection relating to the events of 2020 on your medical education
- Photograph (optional)
- USMLE Step I and Step II (CK and CS) OR COMLEX Part I and Part II (CE and PE) are required. The Step II scores – both parts must be available by the end of January.
The Following Eligibility Criteria Also Apply:
- For applicants from LCME accredited Medical Schools we require an anticipated graduation that is prior to the start of residency. For all other applicants we require evidence of current ECFMG certification prior to initial screening of applications, in addition to anticipated completion of 1 year of U.S. clinical experience prior to the start of residency.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEWED UNTIL DOCUMENTATION OF CURRENT ECFMG CERTIFICATION IS AVAILABLE IN ERAS.
- Graduation from medical school within the past 5 years.
- Passing grade on any USMLE or COMLEX Step Exam taken by the second attempt.
*The BUMC Family Medicine Residency Program does not sponsor H1-B visas but will consider sponsoring J1 visas.
*The BUMC Family Medicine Residency Program does not sponsor Observerships or Externships.
Family Medicine Residency Program
Department of Family Medicine
Boston Medical Center Dowling 5
One Boston Medical Center Place
Boston, MA 02118