Alzheimer's disease care at Boston Medical Center is under the auspices of the Boston University Alzheimer's Disease Center established in 1996. We are one of two Alzheimer’s Disease Centers in Massachusetts and one of 31 Centers nationwide, funded by the National Institute on Aging.
We provide a range of clinical services for patients and families affected by Alzheimer's disease and related memory and neurobehavioral problems. Our expert multidisciplinary team of clinicians includes experienced professionals in the fields of neurology, neuropsychology and nursing. We provide care in both outpatient and inpatient settings located throughout eastern Massachusetts.
Researchers at our Center are working to translate research advances into improved diagnosis and care for Alzheimer's disease patients while, at the same time, focusing on the program’s long-term goal—finding a way to cure and possibly prevent Alzheimer's disease.
We invite you to visit the official website for the Alzheimer's Disease Center, hosted by Boston University, for additional information.
We are located in Boston Medical Center's beautiful Shapiro Center in Boston’s historic South End.
We are continually working to improve diagnosis and care for Alzheimer's disease patients as well as finding a cure.
Boston University Neurology Associates
1221 Main Street
South Weymouth, MA 02190
Alzheimer's Disease Clinical & Research Program
72 East Concord Street, B-7800
Boston, MA 02118
Department of Neurology
7th Foor, Suite 7B
Shapiro Center 617.638.8456
Treatments & Services
Clinical services for patients and families affected by Alzheimer's disease and related memory problems are provided by BMC physicians who also hold faculty appointments with the Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center.
- We perform memory diagnostic workups, which can help determine whether memory loss is due to normal aging or a more serious problem, like Alzheimer’s disease.
- We offer medical treatment and follow-up care for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Support and consultation are available for long-term care planning, caregiver support, education and referrals for community resources, such as adult day programs.
- Opportunities are available to participate in cutting-edge research with access to clinical trials of new agents to treat progressive dementias like Alzheimer’s disease.
- We collaborate with the Alzheimer’s Association – to help link patients with their services and resources.
Download our Clinical Care Brochure (PDF) for more information about our services or visit the official website of the Alzheimer’s Disease Center, hosted by Boston University, for additional information.
We provide care in several settings located throughout eastern Massachusetts:
- Boston Medical Center – We have two outpatient clinic locations for your convenience:
- Boston Medical Center/Boston University Neurology Associates in Boston, MA
- Boston University Neurology Associates in Weymouth, MA
- Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical & Research Program – These clinical services are affiliated with the research arm of the Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical & Research Program, which carries out many clinical trials in Alzheimer’s disease. These trials provide interested patients with the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge Alzheimer’s research.
- Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital in Bedford, MA – Geriatric Research, Education & Clinical Center
The Alzheimer’s Diseases Center at Boston Medical Center is affiliated with the Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and has a comprehensive research program. Please visit our official website for more information.
Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical & Research Program
Patients and their families can self-refer for appointments or can be referred by their health care providers. To schedule an appointment, please call 617.638.7100. If you are solely interested in research participation, please call our participant coordinator, Stephanie Sikora, at 617.414.1078.
This clinic is located at the Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) in the South End of Boston:
Boston University Medical Campus
Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical & Research Program (ADCRP)
72 East Concord Street, B-7800
Boston, MA 02118
Residency and Fellowship Information
The Alzheimer’s Disease Center at Boston Medical Center is affiliated with the Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM). We sponsor numerous training activities for health care professionals and researchers across multiple disciplines and at several levels of education. Please visit our official website for more information