You are here
| BMC;s Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Dessert | Cuisine: American
|| 4 Serves:
|75 | Total Time: Prep Time: 15 | Cook Time: 60
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 cups California walnut halves and pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or 2 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 225°F and line a large shallow baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine egg white and water; beat until foamy.Add walnut halves and pieces and toss to coat.Pour the mixture into a strainer and let drain 2-3 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a plastic or paper bag; shake to mix.Add the walnuts; hold the bag shut and shake vigorously to coat the nuts.Spread the nuts in one layer on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- Cool completely, stirring occasionally and breaking nuts apart if stuck together.(Don't worry if they stick to the foil, it is easy to peel them off.)
- Store in a tightly-capped jaror freezer bag.Makes 2 cups.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup