Accreditation & Regulatory Compliance
State and federal agencies, as well as medical specialty societies, require that health care systems meet certain essential criteria to maintain accreditation, specialized certifications, and licensure. The Joint Commission surveys BMC every three years for overall hospital/ambulatory accreditation. In addition, the hospital goes through several accreditation/regulatory visits each year. The regulatory compliance division staff also work to coordinate the institutional response to device recalls.
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services: BMC is certified as a Medicare and Medicaid hospital provider. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health carries out certification surveys on behalf of CMS.
- The Joint Commission: BMC is accredited by The Joint Commission’s Hospital Accreditation Program, an independent nonprofit organization that evaluates healthcare organizations on specific quality and patient safety standards.
- Comprehensive Stroke Certification (CSC) Joint Commission: BMC is recognized as a hospital that has the specific services, resources, staff expertise, and training required to treat complex stroke.
- Commission on Cancer: BMC’s Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Accreditation recognizes the Cancer Center’s commitment to comprehensive and patient-centered care, a multidisciplinary approach, clinical trial access, lifelong patient follow-up, psycho-social support, and continuous quality improvement.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH): BMC complies with all regulations under Massachusetts general law related to hospital licensure and healthcare facility reporting, including the reporting of serious reportable events (SREs).
QI Hub: Quality Improvement Training
Jointly provided by the Department of Quality and Patient Safety and the Barry M. Manuel Continuing Medical Education Office, the QI Hub is the Boston Medical Center Health System’s educational home for continuous professional development in process and quality improvement.