Kidney Transplant Surgery
Make an appointment by phone
Make an appointment with MyChart
Book with MyChart
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Fax referral information to 617.638.8427
Call for assistance with the referral process
The Kidney Transplant Referral Form is required for all patients prior to undergoing evaluation.
Transplant Surgery Clinic Location
725 Albany St.
7th Floor, Suite 7A
For more than 40 years, the Kidney Transplant Program at Boston Medical Center (BMC) has provided compassionate, expert care. Our experienced transplant surgeons are supported by a multidisciplinary clinical team, devoted to improving our patients’ quality of life through organ transplantation. The transplant team carefully guides patients and loved ones every step of the way throughout the process.
Interested in becoming a kidney donor?
Take the first step by filling out the Living Kidney Donor Questionnaire.
Why Choose BMC’s Kidney Transplant Program?
- Unlike other transplant programs, we focus only on kidney transplantation. This means all of our team members are trained to provide you with highly specialized care.
- With more than 55 years of combined transplant experience, our accomplished kidney transplant surgeons have performed more than 1,000 kidney transplants—a number that continues to grow every year.
- BMC’s living kidney donor program has successfully performed more than 350 living donor transplants.
- Our transplant nurse coordinators have a combined 40 years of experience. They will be with you every step of the way to guide you through any clinical or social situation.
- In addition to your transplant surgeon and transplant nurse coordinator, your care team includes a pharmacist, social worker, and dietician who specialize in transplant care. Your team will give you all of the tools and education you need to manage the transplant process, both before and after surgery.
- Our financial services team works closely with you and your family to maximize insurance coverage for your kidney transplant and to make sure you fully understand the financial aspects of the transplant process.
- Our patients come from a wide range of backgrounds. Our diverse, multilingual staff is on hand to support all of them.
- The BMC Kidney Transplant Program follows all transplanted patients for life–with frequent blood draws, testing, and follow-up visits.
- BMC maintains strong relationships with local dialysis centers and nephrologists to ensure we receive all of the necessary information to provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Our team is fully committed to providing every patient with exceptional care, without exception.
Become A Kidney Donor
Kidney Transplant Donor Surgeon
Organ Transplant Psychiatrist
Consultation- Liaison psychiatry, OB(Women’s health), Renal patients and Transplantation psychiatry
Kidney Transplant Coordinators
Renal Transplant, Living Donation
Renal Transplant and Hemodialysis
Transplant Surgery, Nephrology Nursing
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Patient Education & Resources
Organ Transplant Patient Stories
Two local cops who once worked together became a team again when Peter Petrides donated his kidney to Mark Kalinowski. They share their incredible story of organ donation with The Boston Globe.
Latest from HealthCity
How BMC is addressing the gap of living donor kidney transplantation amongst Black Americans.