Volunteer Application Process
Volunteer Services – Application Process
Diversity Is At Our Core
Boston Medical Center is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive workplace where employees and volunteers are valued and engaged, not in spite of, but because of, our differences – whether seen or unseen.
We believe that there is strength in diversity. Diversity enables the success of our mission; ensuring that we are a caring, open place to work and reflect the communities we serve.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Once your application and both references have been received, please allow two weeks for the application to be reviewed. Please note that we receive more applications than available positions and therefore cannot guarantee placement for all who apply.
- Selected applicants will be notified of times for a phone interview. Phone interviews are generally about 20 minutes to confirm the information on your application and find out a little more about you and your interest in volunteering.
- Applicants may then be brought in for an in-person interview with a Volunteer Services team member to determine placement in a volunteer role.
- Prospective volunteers will be invited to a volunteer orientation once a volunteer placement has been confirmed.
- Prior to orientation, prospective volunteers will need to have an in-person appointment with BMC’s Occupational Health to review required immunizations and vaccinations. All volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
- After volunteer orientation and Occupational Health clearance, volunteers are then able to obtain their ID badge and begin volunteering.