“Thank you so much for [this] workshop. It was short and sweet, and so on point. You hit every aspect of this issue in a very comprehensive way.”
-Asst. Medical Director of a Pediatric Clinic
We offer training opportunities locally, regionally, and nationally for a range of health care practices to provide valuable and practical insight to enhance care of patients with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Making Your Practice Autism Friendly: Provides guidance on developing and maintaining systems-level interventions.
Helping Your Patient with Autism: Provides background on foundations of ASD, direct experience of families as they navigate the ASD diagnosis and related services, and practical strategies for clinicians and staff who care for patients with ASD and their families.
Resources, Resources, Resources: Provides information about how to best connect families with needed services
- Trainings for BMC and BUMC
- At BMC and the Boston University Medical Campus, the Autism Friendly Initiative offers ongoing trainings to staff, clinicians, and students. These include:
- BMC Department of Public Safety
- BMC Interpreter Services
- BU School of Medicine [Medical Students & Genetic Counseling Students]
- BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- 20+ clinical departments
More information about our trainings is available on the Autism Program website.