The BMC Autism Friendly Initiative’s model has helped healthcare practices across the United States (and internationally) strengthen the care that they provide to autistic patients. We engage in many efforts related to education, intervention development, and workflow enhancement, and would be happy to speak with your team about a formal consulting or training relationship. For more information about our consulting and training services, please click here.
At BMC, we offer many resources available to staff to enhance their service to our patients. These resources include:
- Video curriculum on the BMC employee learning platform, WorkdayLearning. Our two courses cover the basics of supporting autistic patients, and a review of the resources available at BMC via the Autism Friendly Initiative.
- Sensory Accommodations
- Autism Support Checklists
- SmartTools within our Electronic Health Record, EPIC, including an After Visit Summary “dot phrase” which easily provides patients with information about our Autism Program.
- Autism Resource Specialists, who are available for visit support throughout the hospital
- Healthcare Social Stories
BMC staff interested in learning more about our Autism Friendly Initiative can visit our protected intranet page by clicking here.