Boston Medical Center is proud to offer a Breast Imaging Nurse Navigator to guide patients on their journey by providing them with support and answering questions during a very difficult and unsure time. The Nurse Navigator’s primary role and focus is on the patient, as well as family and support members.
In addition to meeting with patients during the initial phases of screening and possible cancer diagnosis, our breast imaging nurse navigator:
- Provides information and education, thereby reducing a portion of the stress involved during care
- Educates patients about additional breast imaging studies they may need
- Improves patients' understanding of diagnostic plans
- Communicates with patients’ doctor should they need further diagnostic evaluation and or breast biopsy
- Empowers patients to participate in their own personal care
- Ensures patients complete all exams as prescribed
- Ensures patients receive timely access to a diagnostic evaluation or biopsy, if needed
- Puts patients and their family in touch with helpful resources within the BMC network and outside when necessary
- Connecting patients with a Breast Clinic Nurse Navigator should they need one
For more information about the Breast Imaging Nurse Navigator, call Marsela Demo, BSN, RN at 617.414.7969.