You are here
| BMC's Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Sauces and Dressings | Cuisine: Italian
|| 8 Serves:
|10 | Total Time: Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 0
- 2 cups of packed, torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup chopped nuts, toasted (walnuts, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, pine nuts)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons water, as needed
- In a food processor, combine kale leaves and basil leaves. Pulse until leaves are finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and puree to a paste. Add extra water if necessary.
- Toss with your favorite pasta or vegetables and serve.
To toast nuts, place in a dry pan over medium-high heat. Stir often, about 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup