Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Sometimes women will have concerns about their ability to have children – now or in the future. The Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) team understands how difficult this can be and provides a full range of patient-centered diagnostic services and personalized treatment options to help.
The team has extensive experience caring for women of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, with access to interpreter services available at every visit. Patients with any type of health insurance, as well as patients paying for services themselves are accepted.
The team specializes in diagnosis and treatment of the following reproductive endocrinology disorders:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Müllerian anomalies
- A range of reproductive surgeries, including:
- Tubal ligation reversal (laparoscopic, robot-assisted)
- Removal of fibroids (robotic and hysteroscopic myomectomy)
- Treatment for uterine adhesions & malformations (hysteroscopic lysis & correction)
- Fertility preservation consultations for patients preparing to undergo gonadotoxic chemotherapy and/or pelvic radiation therapy or to freeze their eggs for future use in conjunction with fertility treatment
Treatment for patients who need assisted reproductive technologies or donor egg therapy is available in collaboration with two in vitro fertilization centers in the Boston area: Boston IVF and the Fertility Center of New England.
REI providers see patients at two locations:
Boston Medical Center
Yawkey Ambulatory Care Center
850 Harrison Avenue, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02118
*Drs. Kuohong, Mahalingaiah, and Weiss see patients at this location
Charles River Medical Practice
930 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
*Only Dr. Mahalingaiah sees patients at this location