Patient Financial Assistance
MassHealth members need to renew their health insurance.
It’s important to have health insurance at all times, so that your medical appointments, prescriptions, and lab tests are covered. Every year, people who are covered by MassHealth need to renew their health insurance to keep their no-cost coverage
Update your contact and other personal information to make sure you stay covered. Learn more on Mass.gov.
Boston Medical Center (the "Hospital" or "BMC"), in partnership with its licensed Community Health Centers, will provide high quality, accessible, medically necessary services, without cost or at a reduced cost, to eligible patients.
The Hospital will help uninsured and underinsured individuals apply for health coverage through a public assistance program or the Hospital's financial assistance program (including but not limited to MassHealth, the premium assistance payment program operated by the Health Connector, the Children's Medical Security Program, the Health Safety Net, and Medical Hardship). BMC will not charge patients deemed eligible under the financial assistance policy more than Amounts Generally Billed for emergency or other medically necessary care.
The Hospital provides financial assistance to low-income uninsured and underinsured patients who are Massachusetts residents and with incomes up to 300% of the federal poverty level. A Massachusetts resident of any income may qualify for Medical Hardship through the Health Safety Net if allowable medical expenses have so depleted his or her countable income that he or she is unable to pay for health services.
How to Apply:
Patients requesting financial assistance should complete the confidential Financial Assistance Program Application. All applications, supporting documentation, and communication will be treated as confidential.
The following documents are available for download by clicking on the links below
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Plain Language Summary (PLS) of the Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Program Application
- Seniors Financial Assistance Program Application (For patients over 65)
- Charity Care Program Application
- Billing and Collections Policy
- Patient Quick Reference Guide
- List of required documentation to apply for coverage
- Ayuda económica para pacientes
- Política de ayuda económica de BMC: Resumen en lenguaje sencillo
- Solicitud de Massachusetts para la cobertura de salud y dental, y ayuda para pagar los costos
- Solicitud de cobertura de salud para personas de la tercera edad y personas que requieren servicios de atención a largo plazo
- Formulario del Programa de Atención de Caridad
- Programa de asistencia financiera de Boston Medical Center
- Lista de documentos requeridos para solicitar cobertura de seguro
- Asistans Finansye Pou Pasyan
- Règleman sou Asistans Finansye BMC: Rezime an langaj senp
- Aplikasyon pou Charity Care Program
- Pwogram èd finansye nan Boston Medical Center
- Lis Dokiman Obligatwa pou Aplike pou Kouvèti Asirans
- Assistência Financeira ao Paciente
- Política de Assistência Financeira do BMC: Resumo em Linguagem Simples
- Candidatura do Programa de Assistência Beneficente
- Programa de Assistência Financeira do Boston Medical Center
- Lista da documentação necessária para se candidatar para cobertura de seguro
- Hướng dẫn về Chính sách và Thủ tục
- Chính sách Hỗ trợ Tài chính của BMC: Bản Tóm tắt bằng Ngôn ngữ Đơn giản
- Chương Trình Trợ Giúp Tài Chánh Của Trung Tâm Y Khoa Boston
- Danh sách các Tài liệu Cần thiết để Đăng ký Bảo hiểm
- Đơn Đăng ký Chương trình Chăm sóc Thiện nguyện
Additional information is available:
- In any patient registration area within the Hospital;
- By calling the Financial Counseling Department at 617.414.5155
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By making a written request to the address below:
Boston Medical Center
Attention: Financial Counseling Office
840 Harrison Avenue, Room BR-03
Boston, MA 02118