- We will be hosting virtual open houses to answer any questions you might have about our residencies:
- PGY1 residency: Thursday, November 16th from 7:30–8:30pm EST. Sign-up using this link.
- PGY1/2 HSPAL/MS residency: Thursday, November 16th from 7:30–8:30pm EST. Sign-up using this link.
- PGY2 residencies: Thursday, November 16th from 7:30–8:30pm EST. Sign-up using this link.
- The PGY2 pharmacy residency programs at BMC will be participating in the ASHP Midyear PPS sessions this year. If you are not taking part in PPS, but wish to learn more about us, please visit respective PGY2 pharmacy residency pages for contact information.
- All PGY1 interviews will be conducted virtually. PGY2 interview modality will be program specific with additional information found on each respective page.
The BMC Pharmacy Department is "All-In"! Are you?
The All-In committee works to promote BMC’s core value of “Many Faces Create Our Greatness” within the Pharmacy Department. The All-In committee seeks to ensure diversity in all beliefs, perspectives, and backgrounds within pharmacy in order to provide optimal care for all patients. Learn more about the All-In committmee, scholarship information, and much more!
BMC Annual Report
The BMC Pharmacy Residency Annual Report for 2022-2023 is being prepared. Check back soon! If you would like to see our previous annual report for 2021-2022 check out this link! Learn more about our programs, residents, preceptors, awards, and much more!
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is a 514-bed, academic medical center in Boston, Massachusetts. It is the largest safety-net hospital and busiest level 1 trauma center in New England. As the primary affiliate of the Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, BMC is dedicated to providing the highest standards for service and patient care whilst providing an exemplary, challenging, and rewarding educational experience. The BMC health network integrates the outstanding services of a university hospital with an extensive network of ambulatory care clinics and outpatient pharmacies to ensure excellent patient care across all phases of care.
Learn more about BMC by clicking here.
Pharmacy Residency Program Overview
The BMC Pharmacy residency programs are designed around the ASHP program requirements. Our award-winning preceptors are leaders in the pharmacy field and are continuously expanding the role of pharmacists within the healthcare industry (Read more about the most recent awards for BMC preceptors). With over 30 years of pharmacy residency experience, we are proud to be providing the most contemporary pharmaceutical care to a diverse patient population. Our graduating residents are well-prepared to pursue specialty residencies, advanced patient-care positions, and clinical faculty positions.
BMC offers 15 total positions in 8 different pharmacy residency programs. BMC is currently recruiting for 5 PGY1 residents for the 2024-2025 residency year. The remainder of the positions are dedicated to PGY2 specialty programs in Ambulatory Care, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Oncology, and HSPAL.
For general residency inquiries, please email BMCPharmacyResidency@bmc.org
Number of Positions
|PGY-1 (General Track)||5||OPEN|
|PGY-2 Ambulatory Care||2||OPEN|
|PGY-2 Infectious Diseases||1||OPEN|
|PGY-2 Internal Medicine||1||OPEN|
|PGY-2 Critical Care||1||OPEN|
|PGY-2 Emergency Medicine||1||OPEN|
|PGY1/2 HSPAL + MS||1||OPEN|