The BirthPlace/Well Baby Unit is a special service of BMC’s Department of Pediatrics that is committed to providing state-of-the-art medical care for newborns and their mothers in a family-centered, maternity-care environment.
We Strive to
- Respect each woman and her family
- Identify strengths in every woman and her family, even in crisis situations
- Provide choice for women and families about approaches to care and support
- Offer flexibility in policies, procedures and staff practices to tailor care to the needs, beliefs and cultural values of individual women and their families
- Provide information to equip women and their families to make choices and assume responsibility for their own care
- Provide support, both formal and informal, during pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting
- Empower women and their families to discover their own strengths and to make choices and decisions about their maternity care
- Collaborate with women, families and health-care providers in the care of an individual woman; in developing programs and policies in our hospital; and in designing systems of care that better meet the needs and preferences of women, infants and families
We hope this website provides you and your family with valuable information as you prepare now for the birth of your new baby as well as after the baby arrives.
Take a video tour of BMC’s labor & delivery facility and meet members of our staff and some of our patients