The Collaborative Research Laboratory (CoRe) is an innovative pathology research laboratory that brings the best of the clinical and academic worlds together. Boston Medical Center, the primary teaching affiliate of the Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, has built a team of highly skilled professionals to service the goals of the research community. Learn more about the services we can provide for your studies.
If you have additional questions, email Teresa.Lima@bmc.org.
What is the CoRe?
The CoRe is a research pathology lab built to utilize the knowledge and expertise of individuals from both the clinical and the research setting and allows for the ability to network with experts in the pathology field. The CoRe was created in July of 2020 based on the idea that collaboration should be at the center of research. The mission of this unique lab was to build a way for researchers to collaborate with each other across these diverse groups in order to gain insight into complex scientific areas and share their ideas.
In addition, we wanted to create a way to give researchers from different fields across the BU/BMC community and industry alike access to technology and resources in one centralized location. In order to achieve this goal, we've combined the best of research with the best of the clinical laboratory in order to build a team of experts in their fields to ensure that researchers achieve outstanding results for their projects. See some of the projects that have been completed using resources from the CoRe.
The CoRe offers a variety of services, including:
- Tissue processing: Both small biopsy specimens and larget tissue sections of human and/or animal tissue can be processed.
- Histology services: We offer embedding of tissue specimen, tissue sectioning, staining, unstained slides, and tissue scrolls to aid your research.
- Special stains: Stains to demonstrate a number of tissue features and components are avaialble.
- Immunohistochemistry: We can provide single stain IHC and multiplex stains for antibodies on our own list or that you provide.
Forms and Documents
The following forms are available:
- Mallory Grant
- BU Grant
- All other Grants
- Grant Billing Worksheet
Fill out this form if you are submitting a project that is associated with a grant
- Industry Billing Worksheet
Fill out this form if you are submitting a project that is NOT associated with a grant