Center for Infectious Diseases
FAST PATH-Substance Abuse
The FAST PATH Program (Facilitated Access to Substance abuse Treatment with Prevention And Treatment of HIV) is a specialized team based in the Center for Infectious Diseases (CID) to address substance abuse issues. The clinical team includes an addition specialist MD, a substance abuse nurse, and a licensed alcohol and drug counselor.
Substance abuse counseling includes:
- Longitudinal, coordinated care for substance abuse
- Addiction counseling
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Clinical case management
- One-on-one counseling
- Facilitated access to detoxification programs
- Support groups
- Suboxone as an opiate recovery alternative.
- Regular substance use monitoring and follow-up