Welcome Future Boston Medical Center Housestaff!
Tentative Date for Intern Orientation is Monday, June 16, 2012
Tentative Date for Advanced Orientation is Tuesday, July 1, 2012
Intern Orientation will be held in the Heibert Lounge; for both events registration will open at 7:30am and the orientation program begins at 8:00am. Make every effort to be on time, as those who are late could be asked to repeat the entire day. Parking for this event will be at the 710 Albany Street Garage, this is the only garage we can validate parking for, click here for directions to BMC.
Please log into New Innovations for further information and to complete all pre-employment requirements. For information on specific program orientations, you will need to contact your program office directly.
As soon as we have a location for the advanced July 1 orientation it will be posted here.
Below, we have provided some general information for you about BMC and the Housestaff Union (CIR SEIU).
What you will need to bring to your Orientation:
- Employment Eligibility Verification Documentation (PDF) (go to page 5 of this pdf to view list of acceptable documents)
- Please note the information requested above must be originals, you cannot bring photocopies of these documents with you.
- Complete checklists assigned to you through New Innovations
- Bring car registration if you plan to sign up for parking
- Bring a blank check to sign up for direct deposit
- FIT Testing (OSHA Requirement) is done on this day and requires you to be clean shaven with no facial hair, if this is a problem please contact your Program Office asap to alert them.
The Graduate Medical Education Office (GME) would like to extend a warm welcome to all those who have accepted housestaff positions at Boston Medical Center starting in 2014. We are proud to offer you some of the best medical education experiences in the country, and are pleased that you have chosen our institution to continue your medical education.
Our office is here to assist you through this exciting and stressful time!! Contact us with any and all residency related issues and/or questions. There are currently 4 full-time GME Staff plus our Director, Maxine Kessler.